Are you as excited as I am for a fresh, new year? While 2016 was one of the best in my life both personally and professionally, I am excited to continue the growth that occurred last year and for all of the new opportunities and adventure 2017 is sure to bring.
I hope that each of you had a wildly successful holiday sales season (and if not, don’t worry, this year a big focus here at Bath and Body Academy will be on setting up the foundation for a steady stream of sales year round, and prepping you for stellar holiday sales as well!) and that you’ve started thinking about your goals and plans for 2017.
Reviewing the previous year and taking the time to think long and hard about how you want your life to look (not just your business, but your life as well, so that you’re not working around the clock with not a lot to show for it when next December rolls around) is critical to setting the foundation for a prosperous, fun, and balanced life.
Over the next few weeks we’ll talk about goal setting and shedding parts of your business that no longer make sense or fit with where you want to go this year, and tips on checking in regularly to ensure you’re staying on track with your goals – and if you’ve gotten off track, how to regroup and rebound quickly.
Here’s a behind-the-scenes glimpse of some of what you can expect here at Bath and Body Academy in 2017:
- a spankin’ new website – a much needed facelift (I know, our wrinkles have been showing!) along with a streamlined layout and back end that is easier for you to access and retrieve the PLR, ebooks and training you’ve purchased. I’ve listened to your feedback and requests, and a fair number have had at some point difficulties in logging into your account and downloading your purchases, so we’re changing the software we use to make it even easier for you! Timeline: February 2017
- A signature course on outsourcing – this is a topic I’m passionate about, as outsourcing and building a team has been the biggest reason I’m able to run multiple rapidly growing businesses and have a very full and busy family and social life. This step-by-step training will help you decide what to outsource in your handmade business, where to find reputable team members, how to screen, hire and train them, and keep them focused and happy so that your business can rapidly scale without requiring you to work 24/7! The course is getting its final touches in the next few weeks and I’ll be opening the cart for pre-launch by mid-January. If you want to grow your business to new heights this year, then you need this training! Make sure you’re on our email list for advanced notice (and a significant savings, too!)
- Additional PLR packs – y’all REALLY love our Private Label Rights articles and keep asking when we’ll release more, and we’re happy to say that there are 12 new sets in the queue for this year. Each month we’ll be releasing more content for you to quickly and easily tweak to promote your products and use in your blogs and social media marketing.
- Monthly newsletters – I admit, (hanging my head in shame), that I did not focus enough on consistent newsletters in 2016. Well, new processes, plans & team members are in place, and that will not be the case this year (I’m glad I’m putting this in writing so I have the accountability!) These newsletters will, as always, include additional training not found on the website, sneak peeks, and promotions and giveaways just for subscribers (so be sure to sign up if you haven’t yet!)
- More e-books – some via this site and others via Amazon Kindle, I’ll be releasing new books to help you learn to make products as well as start and build your beauty business. I have a number in mind for how many I’d like to release this year, but with other commitments I have, I will low ball it and say each quarter I’ll release at least one e-book.
- Giveaways and collaborations with others in the handmade industry – you’re going to LOVE what we’re cooking up!
- Behind the scenes looks at what’s working (and not) right now with my two handmade bath and body brands. Learn from my mistakes to avoid disaster and implement the strategies that are bringing in new retail and wholesale sales!
- Additional trainings, checklists, guides, resources and reviews. Lots of goodies to help make your business and business/life balance easier, more profitable and more fulfilling!
I won’t give away everything we’ve got planned, but I’ll just say it’s going to be our biggest year yet! As always, if you have requests for training, questions or comments, please send a message or leave me a voicemail on the fun SpeakPipe app (find the button on the right of this page). If there’s a specific topic that has a lot of requests, I’ll certainly add training and blog posts on that topic to help out as best as we can.
Thanks for joining me on this ride, and here’s to a wildly successful 2017 for all of us!