You’ve created a WordPress website or had one designed for you. It’s beautiful, functions perfectly and you’re officially open for business! While that is great news, your website work doesn’t end there.
Since WordPress is an open source program, they regularly release updates that protect users from gaps in the program. While that seems like a good thing, think about it this way: every time WordPress releases an update, they’re announcing to the world what has been fixed. This alerts hackers as to what they need to do to break into older versions of WordPress. This makes an out of date website at a much higher risk for being hacked, putting your business and customer data at risk.
But you’re busy building a beauty empire! You have products to make and ship, newsletters to write and you have to stay connected with current and potential customers via social media. You don’t have time to add yet another task to your to-do list, even one as important as ensuring your website is secure and up to date.
That’s where we come in. Let our team handle this for you! Each month we will:
- Update your WordPress core when recommended or required for security purposes
- Update your WordPress theme if a new version has been released
- Update up to 6 plugins each month (we check for plugin updates each week)
- Perform a broken link scan and fix any that can be corrected. We’ll report to you any that cannot be fixed.
- Monitor and delete comment spam, which left untouched can slow your website down.
- Site uptime monitoring and reporting
- Daily website backups during non-peak business hours with a copy stored remotely
- Daily malware scans
Having a security and maintenance plan in place give you peace of mind. Your site will be monitored, updated and backed up regularly, freeing you up to do what you do best in your business.
Bonus: When you purchase the 6 or 12 month plan, we will review your website usernames, passwords and general settings and offer suggestions for increased security and peace of mind.
Note: Because of the ever-changing nature and the myriad methods of hacking attacks, there is no way that anyone can guarantee a website’s security. The above services are preventative measures.
If your site is hacked, we do not offer website restoration services, but are happy to refer you to stellar companies that provide this service. You’ll have the latest website backup to help expedite the process of getting your site restored.
If your site has more than 6 plugins that need to be updated, you will be invoiced at a rate of $40/hour to update the remaining plugins.