Full color, 49 page e-book on 100+ colorants for cold process soap, including micas, pigments and natural colorants.
The latest ebook from Kenna Cote of Modern Soapmaking is all about colorants. Kenna has been called a swatch master – of colorants for cold process soap making, of course!
This 49 page PDF is packed full of photos and info about using a variety of colorants for cold process soap making. Micas, natural colorants, & pigments are featured with usage information, supplier resources, and a mini tutorial for testing colorants.
There are over 100 different swatches, including examples of colorants in artisan soapmaking designs.
Each individual swatch lists the supplier and usage rate, as well as any notes.
Complete with a mini tutorial on how to swatch your own colorants for soap making as well as a testing reference sheet for using Brambleberry’s twelve cavity silicone mold.
Swatch Mania! is 49 pages of useful information for the soapmaker wanting to expand their color horizons, including:
- 52 swatches and examples of various micas, like Electric Blue (The Conservatorie) and Vibrance Green (Nurture Soap Supplies)
- 12 swatches and examples of various pigments, like Ultramarine Blue and Black Oxide
- 16 swatches and examples of various clays, like Cambrian Blue Clay and Orange Kaolin Clay
- 7 swatches and examples of various seeds, like Kiwi Seeds and Cranberry Seeds
- 48 swatches and examples of various natural colorants, like Alkanet, Nettle Leaf, and Woad
- Full swatch making tutorial with instructions and formula used in swatching all of the colorants in this ebook
For less than 20 cents per swatch, you can see how a colorant performs in cold process soap making, that’s less than the cost of ordering colorants to try and the materials needed to swatch your own!